Sunday, October 3, 2010

Getting crafty with it

So lately I have been under a resurgance of crocheting. My aunt Monica taught me how to crochet back in the sixth grade. When I went to Miami this summer she retaught me single and double crochet and recently taught me the beginnings of knitting. She gave me an excellent book so I can teach myself knitting.

I am addicted now. I go to a local yarn store, Knits by Nana, to buy my yarn. They sell many brands of yarn, great quality and service. All the ladies know my name and are very helpful. I really like Berroco yarn because it is a good quality yarn, large quantity and decent price. I used the Vintage Berroco to make this brown blanket for my boyfriend.





I have also used the Berroco Comfort to make a hat for Connor, the boy I take care of. He has been dying for me to make him a hat in dark blue. I also have it in a beautiful red for a scarf.







I also am using another Berroco in their Comfort Chunky to work on a baby blanket. I have some of Louisa Harding's kasmir DK (Heavenly!) in a saphire color, Arauncia Hand Dyed yarn, and Sirdar Snuggly baby bamboo in a light blue, sage green and pink.

I plan on making some small blankets for animals in adoption places through Hugs for Homeless Animals. I also want to see about making hats for children at St. Judes Children Hospital in TN.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Its great how much you are getting into it! I'd love to help with the charity projects.

    ReplyDelete