Monday, September 13, 2010

Updates

I am in my third year of college right now. I don't think I will be done in four years which is freaking me out.

My classes this semester

1. Music Appreciation
I am taking this class with my boyfriend. Our teacher seemed very nice at first but her true colors are showing. She thinks she is better than others because she appreaciates the Fine Arts, lumps all people into a catagory of people blind to music and art, and throws pity parties for herself depending on her mood. She also twitches her head wildly when we listen to music. We are using the Listening to Music with access code and CD which costed 138.00 (in addition to all my other books). Ignoring the obvious annoying things about my teacher, I enjoy the material and how it closes ties in with Western Civ.

2. Political Science 1001
My minor is political science and I have taken upper level courses, including one really difficult one. I needed to go back and take the beginning ones to get all the credits. My teacher on the first day said you are either all freshmen or seniors looking for an easy A, you know who you are.

I really enjoy his style of teaching. You have to pay close attention to the lectures, he speaks and conveys theories in wonderful ways. He is a teacher who is truly concerned about learning and willing to help us personally. We do have to read a load of material for the class. It is somewhat difficult to keep up with the readings with other work but it isn't hard to comprehend.

3. Marketing
I abhor this class solely because of my teacher. She has a terrible accent from up North, really stresses the business thing even though all but one person in her class are taking the course as prereqs for other majors. She comes up with the worst examples and reads straight off the power point. Not to mention she is a bit on the ditzy side. I am just so turned off by the class I fail to pay attention.

4. History
This class covers from the Reconstruction after the Civil War to current times. This class has a good bit of reading to keep up with. My professor lectures in a speedy voice but since I speak fast, I hear fast thus I can keep up. She is very enthusiastic about History and her fevor for it makes you pay attention and learn things you never knew.

5. Management
I have an amazing teacher for this class. He is witty, a good guy and he plays Classic Rock before class starts. Again his enthusiasm in the classroom requires my full attention and makes me want to learn more. His examples are very spot on and he keeps up his attendence of close to 800 students.

I still am a nanny for 3 kids since last January. They may be the reason I have had Strep Throat 3 times in the past month.

1 comment:

  1. I think I maybe one of the few who will finish in four years.

    ReplyDelete