Thursday, August 13, 2009

Conjunctive Cinematic Climax

Tonight friends and I went to see "500 Days of Summer" which turned out to be the biggest love-hate movie I've seen in quite sometime. I loved it but it tore me apart at the same time. Somehow made me not like Zoey Deschanel (not her but her character) which I would have thought to be impossible. Before the movie started, we saw some great trailers. One was called "Slap It" seems to be a movie where Ellen Page disagrees with her mother's cotillion upbringing and finds herself in roller derby. It looks like it's worth the $7. Another trailer was Nine starring Daniel Day Lewis, Sophia Loren, Marion Cottilard, Judi Dench, Kate Hudson and Nicole Kidman. Defididently an interesting trailer, I'm very intrigued and looking forward to see it it. It was written by famous Italian Federico Fellinni so I have high expectations. Although it has a stellar cast, that isn't always a great indication of the quality of the movie because I was let down by Bobby, regardless of the cast, but amazed by other movies with some lesser known people like Boondock Saints. A third trailer was Adam, starring Hugh Dancy. I really want to see this indie movie. It is about a man with Asperger's syndrome (autism-like disease, creates social discomfort) who falls for the tennent next door. Dancy has trouble communicating his feelings for her and others. It looks deep which I love. A fourth trailer was The Informant, starring Matt Damon, Joel McHale (The Soup!) and Tony Hale (Arrested Development). Matt Damon plays and informant for his company who is really terrible about spying but after spilling the secrets, intends on keeping a job at the company. I may see this because I like movies based on true stories. All in all I'm looking forward to many movies, these and Inglorious Basterds (TARANTINO!), Where the Wild Things Are (Spike Jonze+powerful trailer+great music+great children's story=great potential) and Time Travelers Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment